Concerns about your current certification expiring?
- The AHA recommends that employers and regulatory bodies consider extending recognition of an AHA Provider Card beyond its renewal date, for up to 60 days. However, please know that it is ultimately up to the discretion of employers and regulatory bodies who require current AHA Provider Cards to consider allowing extensions during this time.
- The AHA recommends considering extensions of up to 60 days, but this recommendation could be extended based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat.
American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI): ASHI is providing a 90 day extension for current card holders.
- Under normal conditions, individuals without current certification may not participate in a Renewal Class. However, during the COVID-19 crisis, HSI will allow individuals with an ASHI, MEDIC First Aid, or EMS Safety certification card expired 90 days or less to participate in a Renewal Class.
- HSI is not extending the expiration period of a legitimately issued certification card (may not exceed two years from month of class completion). Given the level of disruption COVID-19 is causing, HSI expects regulatory agencies and employers who require emergency care training and certification for licensing or employment to be reasonably lenient about expiration dates. Leniency is the decision of employers and regulators, not HSI. We continue to track legislation and regulations related to COVID-19 for their impact on emergency care training and will provide updates as necessary.
Blended Learning: On-line and On-site training
We have the ability to provide you or your organization the ability to continue training. You or your organization can choose to take the online training portion during this period of working from home, and then have an instructor come in 60 – 90 days from now (depending upon your certification, AHA, ASHI, or ARC) for an on-site skills check off.
This option provides organizations the ability to keep their staff up to date with their training during this period of social distancing. We will also provide this to individuals at our office who need their certifications.
Keep in mind, we highly recommend that you take advantage of the 60 or 90 day extensions provided by AHA, ASHI, or ARC.
A reminder on glove removal and hand washing
We are all concerned about the deadly COVID-19 outbreak, praying and hoping that things get better for us all! The media provides different stories, concerns, ideas, and preventative ways in staying safe and healthy.
During our First Aid classes, we train our students on glove removal and hand washing. Since we are deep in the middle of the COVID-19 outbreak, this is a reminder on how to remove gloves and hand washing. Very basic and simple, but a good reminder.
Are you RESCUE Ready?
- Is everyone trained and up to date with their certification?
- Do you have an AED at your business location?
- Is your AED being managed and checked on a consistent basis?
- Does your company have a First Aid kit?
- Does your First Aid kit include a STOP the BLEED Kit?